Three Days of Prayer and Fasting for America
In the spirit of the first Congress that proclaimed days of fasting and thanksgiving annually throughout some of the greatest challenges facing our nation, the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation is inviting you to join us in praying and fasting for the preservation of our First Amendment rights, namely the freedom to exercise our faith in the public square.
Soon the Supreme Court is due to rule on a monumental case affecting public prayer, Town of Greece v Galloway. Opening arguments will begin on March 25th for two other critical court cases affecting religious freedom, Hobby Lobby v Sebelius and Conestoga Wood Specialties v Sebelius. (more information below)
We are entreating God for divine intervention in these and other critical cases. Our posture is a heart of repentance as we also seek a spiritual and intellectual awakening, a moral reformation and solutions to the legislative strategies that are undermining the original interpretation of Freedom of Religion.
Pray for government leaders to have legislative solutions to ensure Judeo-Christian principles and religious freedom remain core tenets of our nation. Also, for praying citizens to mobilize in support of their efforts.
Following are a few of the challenges facing people of faith:
- Federal and state redefinition of marriage creates challenges for people of faith in every pillar of society that wish to live out their deeply held convictions; military chaplains, business owners, private schools and universities, churches, etc.
- Federally mandated healthcare and the HHS Mandate violates freedom of conscience for individuals and employers.
- Federal and state laws that trump Religious Freedom: The federal Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) and state “non-discrimination” laws are examples of legislation that are undermining freedom of religion.
Pray for favorable rulings in support of the original intent of our Constitution.
Additional information about the court cases referenced above:
- Public prayer faces most critical threat to date in Town of Greece vs. Galloway. We must have a victory in order for the continuation of the public prayer tradition that began with our founding. Read more
- Freedom of conscience is hanging in the balance with Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby and Sebelius v. Conestoga Woods. The rights of business owners to conduct their company in a manner that reflects their sincerely held religious beliefs, including their belief that God requires respect for the sanctity of human life, are in jeopardy. ADF 9-Week Prayer Focus
- Our spiritual heritage is under attack in Hickenlooper v. Freedom From Religion Foundation: The Colorado Day of Prayer challenge. The Colorado Supreme Court will decide on a governor’s freedom to issue prayer proclamations. The Court of Appeals erred when it ruled that the proclamation amounts to an endorsement of religion. The governor issues hundreds of ceremonial proclamations every year in line with the traditions of our Founding Fathers. Anything other than a win will have devastating effects on our rich spiritual heritage, provide support for the misinterpretation of separation of church and state and restrict the rights of elected officials to exercise their religious freedom. Read More
Freedom of religion is the cornerstone of our Constitution. Are you willing to take the torch from our Forefathers and risk your livelihood to protect freedom in the greatest nation on earth; for our generation and generations to come?
We are willing to do whatever it takes to gain the attention of heaven for the healing and restoration of America. We believe that God will hear us! More information here.
“If My people who are called by My name humble themselves,
and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways,
then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
– 2 Chronicles 7:14